EWRB COC Audits?

Broken in to two sub forums
MikeNZ
Answers: 0

EWRB COC Audits?

Post by MikeNZ »

Hi Guys.
I remember back when Self-certification came in in 1992, the ERWB were hot on auditing the CoC's of people working in the trade.
Over the years, this seems to have calmed down a bit.
I can't remember the last time I got an e-mail from the Board that they wanted to see CoC's from such and such of a range and I still buy the book of CoC's from our local
electrical supplier.
Yeah, I just like a paper copy to give the customer, without having to worry about no wi-fi on my laptop or stuff like that and I like to keep a paper copy at home in case there are any
issues down the track (which touch wood there haven't been).

My question is, have you guys been asked to submit your CoC's to an Auditor, recently?
I did a job a couple of years ago that required a ROI and CoC, for a job we did on a pole-top transformer and new mains into a rural building, that did get audited.
And funnily enough the auditor called me and said "You made a really nice job of that switch-board", that made my day.

Cheers,
Mike T.
;)
JamieP
Answers: 0

Re: EWRB COC Audits?

Post by JamieP »

Never been audited in my time as an electrician (3 years)
AlecK
Answers: 5

Re: EWRB COC Audits?

Post by AlecK »

Since CoC forms are no longer issued by EWRB, and are not required to have a serial number (or any other form of unique ID);
EWRB can't tell how may CoCs any practitioner, has purchased / issued.
They still have the power to request copies, and so can audit, but seem not to do so as routine.