test and tag dates

Connection and Repair
Peter

test and tag dates

Post by Peter »

test and tag
I work for a company that imports electrical equipment . Obviously everything we sell needs an SDOC . As a mater of course when we receive new equipment I test it for functionality . I also perform tests to ASNZ 3760 .
I have the Megger printer set to the days date and also a retest date . In my case set to one year from test date . Do i need to have a retest date on the tag ?
Realy i think the retest date is up to our purchaser and what environment they use the equipment in .
Thanks in advance
AlecK
Answers: 5

Re: test and tag dates

Post by AlecK »

You're right that when testing to "3760", the re-test date depends on the environment.

But while the Standard specifies both dates be on the label, there's no actual requirement for you to be putting a label on at all.
Once equipment is placed in service, T&T becomes a means of complying with both Electricity Regulations and WHS requirements WRT safe workplaces.
Even then it isn't mandatory under any legislation or regulation.

And there's provision for some 'required' data to be missing, provided records are available to cover it.

So I can't see anything wrong with you just putting a test date on , without a re-test date
Or even not bothering with the tag at all.

Purchaser can put a tag on, complete with re-test date, when they place it in service
(assuming they choose to use T&T to "3760" as part of their workplace safety).
These users thanked the author AlecK for the post (total 2):
Peter (Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 pm) • ShaneR (Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:37 pm)
Rating: 33.33%
Peter

Re: test and tag dates

Post by Peter »

Thanks AlecK for your help