Air conditioning units

Connection and Repair
localsparx
Answers: 0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Air conditioning units

Post by localsparx »

I’ve got 11 single phase air conditioning units that are running on a proving cct back to a cooling tower, this is the same for each floor which is being upgraded one after the other.
Each floors power consumption was covered by landlord but now being split between new tenancies with individual metering to be added and sub boards in each tenancy.
Units will be split between 6 tenancies meaning they will now have to operate independently of each other.
Air con company has quoted to replace new thermostats and reinstate everything as it was so property manager wants me to rewire to suit.
I’m guessing I could have a proving cct running to a contactor with a timer clock in series for after hours at each board.
Not something I want to be responsible for going forward and so want to put it back on the air con company.
Even though the air con company will likely carry out I’m interested to see if my way would be possible or if there’s a better system using contractors and timer clocks? (not including automation as trying to reuse some of what’s there due to tight budget)
Appreciate any feedback as don’t really understand how the air con/ cooling tower process works entirely.
Thanks