Repair manual to replace ceramic element, F&P oven

Connection and Repair
Mazdaman
Answers: 0

Repair manual to replace ceramic element, F&P oven

Post by Mazdaman »

I have a new element to fit to a F&P ceramic cooktop oven, About 2004 model, Saffron, model number FPRA6102MEWS, 87612 MEM108288.

Does anyone have the instructions for the replacement? I've only done older elements and any help to save time for this one would be very helpful thanks.

F&P don't have any instructions, only a parts list. Obviously the 2 screws visible at the top corners of the oven door opening have to be removed but after that any tips would be appreciated.
Mazdaman
Answers: 0

Re: Repair manual to replace ceramic element, F&P oven

Post by Mazdaman »

The job was easier than I thought. Steps which may help someone else:
Remove the 2 screws at the top corners of the open oven.
Close the door to save working around it.
Remove the oven vent tube at the rear of the cooking surface.
Remove the sheet metal panel at the back and the 4 additional screws that hold the left and right uprights.
Have a couple of bungee cords handy so that when the control panel is lifted / manoeuvred out of the way it can be hung down behind the oven without straining all the wires.
The cook top is now free to move. I tipped it up on the rear edge so that it was vertical. This allowed easy access to the faulty element and connections.
Take careful note of how the element is secured. Note the 2 small self tapping screws that engage in the holes around the element perimeter to make it stay aligned with the top surface element outline.
To get the element out from under the cross bar I had to loosen and slip the small element on the right out as well - the wires still connected.
The element underside is shown to show the break - the outside ring of heat insulation breaks easily.
The large dual element at the front left is Smiths Dual Element SFP200, EGO brand, model 10.51211.403. Purchased via my wholesaler from Smiths in Hamilton for $150+ GST https://smithsnz.co.nz/collections/fish ... c-elements
Attachments
20210603_140526 (Large).jpg
20210603_192930 (Large).jpg