Certification of conveyor system

JamieP

Certification of conveyor system

Post by JamieP »

I have been asked to certify a conveyor system from an OEM manufacturer.

It consists of control panels, motors, sensors etcetc and is for picking goods for pharmacutical purposes.

A feed from a DB has already been connected and certified to the main control cabinet. I believe installation wiring ends here.

They want a "CoC" or similar for the conveyor system, I would believe this should come from the manufacturer and assure the client it's made to a certain standard. However, I don't know what it should be certified too.

Am I right in thinking this is essentually a big appliance with multiple parts to it? If there is no standard in schedule 4 is confirming with AS/NZS3820 enough? I feel like this is more the realm of enginneering and I am not keen to put my name or a CoC to this whole thing.

Advice please on what I should be expecting and the approach to take.
AlecK
Answers: 5

Re: Certification of conveyor system

Post by AlecK »

Yes it's equipment wiring, and not part of the "installation".
Therefore a CoC is not appropriate.
However as it is connected to installation wiring, an ESC for the connection was required, issued by whoever connected it.

There is a Standard that covers electrical safety of this sort of equipment, but I'd have to look it up
I doubt it's in Schedule 4.
JamieP

Re: Certification of conveyor system

Post by JamieP »

On the right track then I guess.

Connection was made by others and a COC and ESC provided for this portion of the installation.

To me, it's certified and someone has already decided that whatever lack of proof of what it complies with was good enough for them to connect (although most likely didn't think about or feel they were taking responsibility at all).

So I will enquire further, thanks Alec