Fraemohs Houses

t92300
Been thanked: 0

Fraemohs Houses

Post by t92300 »

Has anyone here wired a Fraemohs house?
I haven't wired one yet and was going to look at one this week, but I doubt it will happen this week.
My main concerns are with running the cables down the walls given that some of them are only 65mm thick solid timber.
Does cabling in the walls need to be SWA? Or do I need to run steel conduit down the walls in the ducts they put in?

Am I over thinking this?

Thanks
JamieP

Re: Fraemohs Houses

Post by JamieP »

Have a read of 3.9.4.2

Basically if cables are installed within 50mm within a wall, floor, ceiling or roof they need protection in accordance with 3.9.4.4 unless you meet the exception in 3.9.4.2 that it can be within 50mm and not need protection if able to move freely out of the 50mm zone on chance of penetration of the surface

Otherwise 3.9.4.4 outlines your options, from most to least preferred

A) covers providing mechanical protection to protect the system all together
B) covers providing an earth surround to trip protection if penetrated
And c) is providing RCD protection so that personal protection is provided

Because most wiring systems in a new home will already be RCD protected, you only need worry about those that aren't but it's as simple as picking a method above for those that aren't
t92300
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fraemohs Houses

Post by t92300 »

Thanks Jamie. That's embarrassing, I did know that but for some reason it went out the window when I started looking at the construction of these houses.

Does anyone know the size of the ducts they put in? I'm thinking there will be lots of 3 plating