Certification in large industrial situations

JamieP

Certification in large industrial situations

Post by JamieP »

So issuing certification is not a problem but being the responsible person means we also have obligations to provide copies. Most the work is forwarded onto us via our manager and is for large industrial sites. Sometimes the work also comes from engineering or another electrician. So I'm just wondering who I need to actually provide the copies too? Is it simply the person who contacts for the work? Or should it be provided to the company?

What's the best way to ensure we get the right place to provide the copy? Ensure we or whoever they ask for the work gets an email or similar when they are asking for the work? Make this part of the information required alongside a purchase order?
Slovett

Re: Certification in large industrial situations

Post by Slovett »

I would think the CoC / ESC being issued would go to the owner of the installation or in a big commercial / industrial installation it would go to the the facilities management manager who would file it with other Building certs. on behalf of the building / installation owner.
AlecK
Answers: 5

Re: Certification in large industrial situations

Post by AlecK »

That makes sense, and is permitted under ESR 74E as alternative to the default of providing to the person to contracted for the work.
Literally, this option is only available if the person to contracted for the work is not "readily available";
so if you can identify who asked for the work to be done, then that's who must be provided with the copy of CoC.
However I doubt officialdom would be concerned of you provide copy to installation owner instead
And there's nothing wrong with providing copies to both.

Large sites may have a MMS; and if the MMS records all the info that would be on a CoC then a CoC doesn't need to be issued [ESR 65 (7)].
However that's more aimed at those doing in-house PEW; and if you're contracting then probably best to issue regardless.
Unless you are in a position to know that all this info is actually being recorded into the MMS, not safe to rely on that happening.

Ask the installation owner which person / department they want to get the documentation.