The Act - Section 2 Subsection (3) Point of Supply

Slovett

Post by Slovett »

I've got a Question about where a Point of Supply starts in relation to Mains -

The job is Rural - The Network has installed a Pillar for the new development / group of Houses being built on the road side. The previous Electrician (who I assume was working with the Property owner who has done the Sub Division) has run underground Cables (Unsure at this stage if they are defined as Mains or not) from the Network Pillar, through an existing property / farm paddock to each new property boundary lot. The electrician wiring the House (who is different from the Electrician who ran the underground cables) will join onto to the Cables that have been left at the Boundary with his own Mains

In this scenario where does the PoS / Installation / Mains begin (In relation to Mains Work Inspections)?

Act Section 2, Subsection (3) seems pretty straight forward, in that the PoS is where exclusive fitting cross the boundary of the property.

Am I right in thinking thats a cable that supplies an Installation with Electricity can only be defined as Mains once it has crossed the Boundary of the Property that the Installation is situated?

If thats the case, what are the underground cables (from the Load side of the Network Fuse) that lead up to the installations property boundary (crossing another property Boundary) defined as?

Thanks
AlecK
Answers: 5

Re: The Act - Section 2 Subsection (3) Point of Supply

Post by AlecK »

none of this has anything to do with ownership.

if these sections have been fully subdivided, the POS for each new property willl almost certainly be at the point where conductors cross the peperty boundary.