Isolation and Inspection

Kelectric
Answers: 0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Isolation and Inspection

Post by Kelectric »

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and happy to have a board like this active again. Here is my question.

I have been looking at the "guidelines" on the worksafe website and also the regulations. I wanted to clarify two things. 1.

Worksafe guidelines:

METHOD OF ISOLATION
All final sub-circuits supplying a charging station should include a lockable
isolator that operates in all live conductors including the neutral.

I can't see anything relating to this in AS/NZS3000. Am I missing something?

2. I have been told installing an EV charger in a public place (commercial use) requires inspection, no exception, I can't find the regulation. Can you help me?

Thanks
AlecK
Answers: 5

Re: Isolation and Inspection

Post by AlecK »

The Guidelines are just that: guidelines.
They are not legally enforceable.

2018 edition of "3000" has clause 7.9 to set requirements for EV charging; but since this edition has yet to be cited these 'requirements" are not legally enforceable either.

Unless / until ESR 6A is changed, no EV charging point is classified as high risk; so no Inspection required by ESR 70.
Similarly unless / intil ESR 75 is chjanged; no periodic assessment us required either.

Current advice is that no ESRs are going to be changed for some time yet; and the long-awaited amendment to ESRs will be restricted to updating citations in Schedules 2 & 4
AlecK
Answers: 5

Post by AlecK »

The Guidelines are just that: guidelines.
They are not legally enforceable.

2018 edition of "3000" has clause 7.9 to set requirements for EV charging; but since this edition has yet to be cited these 'requirements" are not legally enforceable either.

Unless / until ESR 6A is changed, no EV charging point is classified as high risk; so no Inspection required by ESR 70.
Similarly unless / intil ESR 75 is chjanged; no periodic assessment us required either.

Current advice is that no ESRs are going to be changed for some time yet; and the long-awaited amendment to ESRs will be restricted to updating citations in Schedules 2 & 4
Kelectric
Answers: 0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kelectric »

Awesome, thank you very much!