Marley Orannge ducting solvent

Description of your first forum.
medistat
Answers: 0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Marley Orannge ducting solvent

Post by medistat »

Been using the same solvent (Marley 'Gold') that drainleyers use for the white downpipes and grey sewerpipes on the orange ducting pipe for years. However, a new apprentice has just pointed out that it's a different solvent for the orange ducting. Is this correct or is it all the same solvent?
Last edited by medistat on Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamieP

Re: Marley Orannge ducting solvent

Post by JamieP »

I'd say best to contact the manufacturers of the ducting and the solvent, they'll be able to inform you straight away what there products are suitable for
medistat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by medistat »

JamieP wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:01 pm
I'd say best to contact the manufacturers of the ducting and the solvent, they'll be able to inform you straight away what there products are suitable for
Tnx but if you can make head nor tail from the Marley catalogue then you're smarter than me! Thus my question. What does everyone else use?
JamieP

Post by JamieP »

Just normally the Marley PVC clear solvent, green label, I'd never known it to be suitable for one colour of conduit and not another
AlecK
Answers: 5

Post by AlecK »

Can't provide a simple answer; but colour isn't the way to tell what to use; what matters will be the type of plastic.

The safety data sheets at:
https://www.marley.co.nz/technical-docs ... ta-sheets/
show that the "gold" & "clear" are different mixes of same chemicals ; so presumably intended for use on different formulations of plastic.
The "MCS white" different set of chemicals in its mix

The Marley "power duct" is uPVC; so's their conduit (except the "Supa", which is polypropylene)
So logically would use same solvent.

The "continuous duct" is polyethylene, so would expect needs different solvent.

have to agree that while there's lots of info available, which solvent to use for which product isn't easy to find