Extended time out of industry

pph25
Answers: 0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Extended time out of industry

Post by pph25 »

Hi all,

Would appreciate if anyone has any knowledge and can provide feedback on the following topic:

Is there a limit of time for which you must renew your practising license before having to undergo a re-registration process which may involve further training, additional work hours etc.

I have been out of the industry for a while and have not held a practising license for approximately 5 years. Considering joining the trade again.

Thanks all.
gregmcc
Site Admin

Re: Extended time out of industry

Post by gregmcc »

As far as I know there isn't, I was overseas for about 5 years and had no trouble renewing my practicing license, just had to do the refresher and 1st aid and submit the application
pph25
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by pph25 »

Thanks Greg,

Now the challenge part of finding a competency course provider, not to many offerings here in the Manawatu.
AlecK
Answers: 5

Post by AlecK »

Registration is still for life, and the quals that partially under-lie it are on NZQA database for life (maybe longer)
So once you've got registration, getting a PL just requires showing that you're up to speed.
Note that the competence course mandatory content includes covering latest changes to Wiring Rules