HPM iContol for lighting

Mazdaman
Answers: 0

HPM iContol for lighting

Post by Mazdaman »

I was recently asked to help solve lighting flicker on 1 circuit on a 12 year old (approx) home that has HPM iControl H2F2 for switching and dimming the lighting. I have not been to this home before and was told that the original halogen lamps had been replaced with LED and suitable transformers.

I fitted a load correction device (Clipsal 31LCDA) to the load and N terminals of the associated iControl. The owner (have been in the house 5 years) said that the flickering had not occurred for a while so I was unable to see if the device had any immediate effect.

I've searched for an HPM iControl installation / users manual but have found nothing. The system was discontinued some years ago. Have also written to Legrand this morning. I'll also write to this company as they may have the manuals: http://www.chowmainsoft.com/hpm-icontrol.

Looking at the forum discussion here started in 2008 it does not look promising: https://www.austech.info/showthread.php ... M-icontrol

In the meantime does anyone here have information on files they can share regarding HPM iControl of lighting? Thank you.

Mazdaman

Re: HPM iContol for lighting

Post by Mazdaman »

Sorry, I neglected to post the reply from HMP Legrand:
Please find programming and installation manuals attached.
This range is now obsolete for us however a Sydney based company called Paelex holds the rights and can supply parts if required: http://paelex.com.au

The iControl system pre-dates LED lighting so unfortunately the issue of flickering lights is likely to be an ongoing problem, particularly on dimmed circuits. Load correction devices are a good idea although you may need more than one per circuit. When retrofitting LED it is sometimes also helpful to leave one fitting with a standard incandescent lamp, although this isn't always practical.

The iControl system uses a 2-wire ELV communications bus. This is the same structure as our current home automation system "MyHome". In most situations an installation can be changed over to MyHome without any problems, however it can depend on the nature of the existing installation. Provided the power supplies and relays are easily accessible and preferably in one location, then a changover is relatively simple, although cost is a consideration because it involves replacing all components apart from the cabling.
Mazdaman

Re: HPM iContol for lighting

Post by Mazdaman »

iControl training manual attached. The "iControl programming manual"is 13MB so is too large for here. Get in touch if required.
Attachments
iControl training manual.pdf
iControl training manual
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 88 times