Aegis Test Equipment?

MikeNZ

Aegis Test Equipment?

Post by MikeNZ »

Hey Guys,
What are your thoughts on this sort of test gear?
I was wondering (having never bought this brand before) if it is any good.

I'm after a Loop Impedance tester and this one seemed to be the goods:

https://www.aegis.net.nz/products/elect ... rs/cz20054

Now, I already own a Megohm-meter and an RCD tester, so I'm not really in the market for one of them AVO multi-tester things.
And I don't really do much in the way of Earth Electrode testing either.

Of course, I should ask what you guys are using for your loop-testing, if not the Multi-tester combo thing?

I totally get that test equipment is expensive and yes you should be buying good gear, if you want it to last.
"Buy Well, Buy Once" I was told as an apprentice, with the inherent low wages at the time.

Any advice please, is the Aegis brand any good or not?

Cheers,
Mike T.
MikeNZ

Re: Aegis Test Equipment?

Post by MikeNZ »

Any sort of response on this?
I was merely asking the question.

Cheers,
Mike T.
gregmcc
Site Admin

Post by gregmcc »

We have one of these for our linesman, they are basic are designed more for those that simply record a result without knowing if it's a good or bad result.

I would use it if there was nothing else, given a choice a reasonable MFT would be way better
These users thanked the author gregmcc for the post:
MikeNZ (Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:13 pm)
Rating: 16.67%
Satobsat

Post by Satobsat »

I like the look of their analogue insulation resistance and continuity tester. Half the price of a Kyoritsu analogue tester.
MikeNZ

Post by MikeNZ »

Personally,
After a month or three of mucking around with this company, don't bother buying anything off of them.
That is really hard to say, given that most companies are only too happy to sell you their wares, this one isn't.
I asked for a quote on getting an Insulation/RCD tester from them, never heard anything back.
I had an e-mail 6 weeks later stating they had it in stock and it was available for purchase on their site.
Log in to site and go to buy the equipment, turns out they use PayPal, can't buy the item as a Guest as I can't pay for it without a
PayPal account (which I don't have).
Email the sales department again, stating I don't have a Paypal account, get rude email saying that that is how they do business, by PayPal only.
Return email asking if I could get an invoice for the equipment with freight to my business.
Get second email stating yes we can do that, I'm still waiting for the invoice.

To be honest, if I treated my customers like that, I'd be on the Dole queue by now.
That is really piss-poor in my opinion.
My Megger insulation tester threw a wobbly before this and I've managed to get it working again, but this begs the question, why is this company so shit in getting back to their customers
that WANT to buy stuff from them?
These users thanked the author MikeNZ for the post:
Satobsat (Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:40 pm)
Rating: 16.67%