Bathroom spa bath requirement

Cookies
Answers: 0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bathroom spa bath requirement

Post by Cookies »

Hi guys, great to see the new forum running.
I just got asked the other day to connect up a bathroom “shaped” spa bath that a client acquired from a shop showroom.

There is a panel missing off the side (exposed to the room) where the pump and connection point is located which I believe could be remedied by a suitable fixed panel.

Two other sides (the back and opposite) also have no panelling which I’m presuming it did originally or is just purposely made to go against a wall only and then fully sealed/tiled.
The client has this currently 15mm or more away from the wall and wasn’t particularly looking to do anything else with it when I got there.

I’ve indicated it can’t be connected in its current state and stressed the need for sealing the bath to the wall but is anyone aware whether these purpose built spa baths have complete panelling from purchase? and how AS/NZS 3000 would come in when relying on just a silicon bead for waterproofing?

I will try and look up the specs. of the bath, but was just curious.
Bit of a weird one I know!
gregmcc
Site Admin
Answers: 0

Re: Bathroom spa bath requirement

Post by gregmcc »

Apply the "under normal operating conditions" test, would you expect splashes of water to go over the edges and down the gap? if so then you would be justified in declining to connect it up until this issue has been sorted as it would not be electrically safe.