Specifying mains cable

Also includes Works
GLion
Been thanked: 0

Specifying mains cable

Post by GLion »

I have a garage that is under construction, and there will later be another 2 buildings on the site. I'm wanting to run 3 phase to a meter box and then run each building off a separate phase. The power company limits the 3 phase connection to 32A per phase.

From the Boundary box to the meter box is 15m, I have a length of 95mm 4C AL will this be fine? Doe the cable need to be screened?

From the meter box to the garage is 85m, I've looked at the JCalc website but unsure what voltage drop I should be aiming for?
I see AS/NZS3000 says 5% max to the appliance what is best practice to the switchboard?
What size natural screened copper would you choose?

Thanks for your help, P.S i have an electrician involved but he is very unresponsive to texts and phone calls.
JamieP

Re: Specifying mains cable

Post by JamieP »

I'd suggest a different electrician that is responsive. The person doing the installing and signing it off will want to be involved in the design process.

Especially being mains work and high risk because an inspector will also be involved

Maybe you could consult an inspector if the electrician is unresponsive since one will need to be involved in the sign off as well